Happy National Pecan Day!
To celebrate National Pecan Day, we decided to show you a few simple treats that are easy to make, and taste delicious.
Pecan Cheese Ball
2 (8 oz.) packages pf cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup sour cream
8 oz. shredded medium cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 cup chopped Howe pecans
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and onion powder until smooth.
- Mix in cheese (with electric mixer).
- Cover bowl and chill 1 hour to help firm it up.
- Shape into a ball.
- In a medium bowl, place chopped Howe pecans, and roll the cheese ball through pecans to cover entirely.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
- It's best to let it sit at room temperature to soften up for about 20 minutes.
Mini Pecan Pies
1 pie crust
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped Howe pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll the pie dough out into a circle. Cut out 12 circles from the dough.
- Place each piece of dough in a 12-count muffin pan, making sure each piece comes up the sides just a little bit (you may need to stretch the dough just a bit). Transfer the muffin pan to the refrigerator while you making the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the light corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract until fully combined, and then mix in the chopped Howe pecans.
- Remove the muffin pan from the refrigerator. Evenly distribute the filling (about 1 full tbsp.) between all 12 muffin cavities, making sure the pecan pie filling does not come up over the edges of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the mini pecan pies from the muffin pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Fun fact: these Mini Pecan Pies may be frozen for 2-3 months in a freezer bag or container. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature on the counter before serving. (Perfect meal prep for Thanksgiving!)