Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, peanut butter toast, peanut butter cookies, and peanut butter pies. The list of ways you can enjoy peanut butter goes on and on and on and on. We have some yummy recipes using peanut butter that we want to share with you. These treats are best enjoyed with homemade peanut butter so lets start there...
Howe's Homemade Peanut Butter
- 3 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
In a food processor, process the peanuts until smooth (add vegetable oil as needed). It helps to occasionally stop and scrape the peanut butter down the bowl. Once smooth, you can use the peanut butter on toast, celery, its best friend jelly on a sandwich, or use in one of the below recipes!
Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (leveled)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup HOWE'S peanut butter
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a second large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar with a mixer until combined well.
- Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 3 tbsp. balls and place on a cookie sheet. Make sure to leave some room between each one.
- Using a fork, press down on each dough ball to make a crisscross pattern in the cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - An old Howe recipe
- 1/2 cup HOWE'S peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oleo
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Approximately 48 Reese's peanut butter cups
- Mix all the above ingredients together (except for the peanut butter cups) to make the dough.
- Roll less than 1 teaspoon of dough and press into a mini muffin & cupcake pan. Do not press up the sides.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- While the cookies are baking, remove the papers from the peanut butter cups.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately push the peanut butter cups into the dough.
- Let stand for 15 minutes until hardened, then remove from pans and place on cooling rack.
- This should make approximately 48 cookies.
We hope you enjoy all of these delicious peanut butter treats!