Home baked warm cinnamon bread served with a hot cup of Howe's coffee or a cold glass of milk. That's what we are sharing on the blog today. This delicious treat was so easy to make and we did it without yeast, so it didn't take long at all. We also added our own raisins and a vanilla glaze to make it extra sweet. This is the perfect treat as we head into fall.
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter -melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flower
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Howe's raisins
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Howe's walnuts (optional)
2 TBSP butter- melted
1 TBSP milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a standard 9x5 bread pan with cooking spray and set to side.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In separate, medium size bowl, whisk together egg and the melted butter. Add in the milk and brown sugar and stir until all ingredients are combined.
4. Stir dry ingredients with the rest of ingredients. Dough will be thick
5. Scoop out about 1/2 a cup of dough and place in smaller bowl. Add 3tsp of cinnamon and stir in with dough until it is combined.
6. Stir vanilla and raisins in with larger dough mix.
7. Place dough in the bread pan by alternating non-cinnamon dough with dollops of the cinnamon dough. Spread on the bottom of pan and the scoop 2-3 dollops of cinnamon dough on top. Repeat this step. When finished, take a knife and swirl through the bread. Sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top for extra flavor.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. A knife or toothpick should come out clean if stuck in the middle.
Whisk all of the ingredients together and let it cool. We warmed it up in the microwave right before we poured it on the bread.
Last step....ENJOY WITH YOUR FAVORITE CUP OF HOWE'S COFFEE!